Welcome to the Online Application System for the CFUW Fellowships and Awards
HOW TO APPLY
To access the online application, students must <Register> by creating an account with login email and password. Applicants may track the status of their applications at any time during the competition through the online active programs for fellowships and awards.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED ONLINE
- ONLINE APPLICATION FORM and PERSONAL INFORMATION CONSENT
- TWO (2) SECTIONS OF REQUIRED INFORMATION:
i) Section I – Statement of Intent; and
ii) Section II – Curriculum Vitae.
- CONFIRMATION OF ENROLMENT in a graduate program from the host institution; or
- LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE into the program of proposed study from the host institution, if not enrolled at the time of application.
- PROOF OF ETHICS APPLICATION/APPROVAL, or approximate date of projected application, if applicable. If you are uncertain about whether you need to obtain approval by the Research Ethics Board please consult the host institution.
- CFUW REFEREE ASSESSMENT FORM must be signed by the referee and clearly indicate the referee’s name, position, and email address. Three (3 references are required; preferably all three are from academic referees.
- APPLICATION FILING FEE PAYMENT BY CREDIT CARD; or
- MANUAL PAYMENT FOR APPLICATION FILING FEE BY CHEQUE or MONEY ORDER.
WHO CAN APPLY
The CFUW Fellowships and Awards program is an affirmative action program as provided for in the Constitution of Canada. Eligibility for CFUW Fellowships and Awards is restricted to women.
An applicant for any of the CFUW Fellowships or Awards funded by the CFUW Charitable Trust must have:
- At least a bachelor degree or equivalent from a recognized university;
- Acceptance or current enrolment in her proposed program and place of study for academic year 2021-2022; and
- Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status in Canada.
The CFUW Fellowships and Awards funded by the CFUW Charitable Trust:
- CFUW Dr. Margaret McWilliams Pre-Doctoral Fellowship
- CFUW Memorial Fellowship
- CFUW Dr. Alice E. Wilson Awards
- CFUW 1989 École Polytechnique Commemorative Awards
- CFUW Linda Souter Humanities Award
- CFUW Bourse Georgette LeMoyne
- Ruth Binnie Fellowship
- Canadian Home Economics Association (CHEA) Fellowship
- CFUW Elizabeth & Rachel Massey Award
- CFUW Aboriginal Women's Award (AWA) - The CFUW AWA is closed for applications in 2020. The next competition opens in June 2021.
- CFUW 100th Anniversary Legacy Fellowship - New Fellowship!
There is a filing fee of $60 for each CFUW Fellowship or Award application.
The application deadline is December 14, 2020, by 11:59 p.m. EST.
Please read the ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR CFUW FELLOWSHIPS AND AWARDS, instructions, and program policy guidelines before starting the online application.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING ONLINE
Click here to find out more about the PROGRAM POLICY GUIDELINES.
Please consult the FAQ or HELP sections.
Technical Support is available by filling out a support request form in the HELP section.